Enjoy the experience of a lifetime, see where the movie The Beach was filmed, and then sleep out under the stars on your own private boat. Each year hundreds of thousands of day-tripping tourists converge on Maya Bay – the small tropical island where the movie The Beach (starring Leonardo DiCaprio) was filmed. Tourists arrive by sailboats, speedboats and longtails – all wanting capturing that perfect photo of paradise. So why not enjoy the experience of a life time and sleep out under the stars on your own private boat!, Join other like-minded travelers for an unforgettable overnight experience you will recall with a smile for the rest of your life.
On the way to Phi Phi Leh, we stop to see the viking cave, followed by a snorkeling session and some fresh fruit for afternoon tea.
We arrive to Maya-Bay before Sunset. Now its time to sit back, relax and watch as the beach becomes clear of day trippers. Soon the beach becomes just ours to enjoy.
Our own cook comes along with us and prepares for a Thai feast we offer tasty Penang curry, mixed vegetables, Oyster sauce and boiled rice. For vegetarians we cook your own special meal on the boat.
We have an area set aside with lanterns, IPOD Speakers,and a small bar offer drinks at reasonable prices; (100 Baht for Beer, 250 Baht for a Thai bucket),
Take your time and connect with your fellow travelers from all over the world. Everyone gets one free bucket after dinner, which along with some music usually gets the party started.
Around 10pm our Chef will light the BBQ for supper serving up Chicken, Garlic bread and vegetarian options, after supper, many people choose to take a moonlight swim in the calm and tranquil waters.
At around 11pm we head back to the boat. we will be moored around 100 meters away from the beach making for the perfect photo opportunities.
Sleeping bags, Pillows and mattresses are provided. Most people prefer to sleep on the open top deck under the starlit skies as this adds to the whole experience. With no light pollution in the sky, Shooting starts are plentiful, we have an inside covered deck area as well if you choose to sleep here.
In the morning we wake up soon after sunrise and head back into the beach for a morning photo opportunity. Sit on the beach by yourself or go for a morning swim in the warm waters.
Around 8am we head back to the boat where we serve breakfast with Coffee, Tea, Eggs, Toast and Fruit.
After Breakfast jump into the water for some more snorkeling along the caves around the bay and the small deserted beaches that are normally inaccessible.
We arrive back to Phi Phi Don by 10am, usually very tired, But very, Very Happy.
Location: Five Star Travel and Tours
- Adult – 4000THB Per Passenger.
- Child – We prefer not to take children on this tour as most of our customers are in their 20’s and enjoy to party, so it can get slightly noisy. but we do not want to discriminate against people with children who really want to come. please contact us in advance if you are traveling with children, They must be proficient swimmers.
TOUR TIMES AND DATES
Operating 7 days a week (Weather Dependent)
- Check In Time 14:30pm
- Departure time 15:00pm
- Return Time 10:00am (Next Day)
WHAT TO BRING
- Beach Towel
- Sun Cream
- Change of Clothes
- Insect Repellent
- Money for Drinks
WHAT IS INCLUDED
- Mask, Snorkel and Life Jacket
- Dinner, Supper and Breakfast
- Luggage Storage
- Drinking Water
- Fresh Fruit
- Sleeping Bags
- Mattress and Pillow
- Free Bucket
- You are required to check in at 14:30pm at our office on Koh Phi Phi Don, a location map can be found on the contact us page.
- We do provide vegetarian options, please specify this during checkout.
- This tour INCLUDES the National Park entry fee, the charge is 400THB and is already included in the price.
- For any inquiries please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or take a look at our FAQ’s
- This tour can not be booked less than 24 hours prior to departure, any booking made less than 24 hours in advance will not be honored by Five Star Group (Thailand).